Friday, October 2, 2009

Menu Plan Sunday

Colder weather = homemade soups! Here are the meals I'm going to try:

Breakfast: - Bacon, cheese & egg biscuit cups

Sunday: Loaded Baked Potato Soup, homemade bread
Monday: Cheese-Stuffed Meatloaf, egg noodles, corn
Tuesday: Crock-pot Vietnemese Pho Soup w/ bean sprouts, basil and cilantro
Wed: Salmon Cakes, carrot sticks and Parmesan Couscous
Thursday: Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup, buttermilk biscuits












Friday: Homemade Pizza (kids-plain cheese, adults-spinach, fresh tomato, garlic)
Saturday: Apple Smoked Chicken Sauage with Zuchini, Red peppers and Orzo




Results:
Egg biscuits-makes a quick breakfast for kids and nice snack too. I used sausage and found that it burned when I cooked it in the oven. Next time I'll try it with bacon.

Baked Potato Soup- my picky eater's new favorite! The second time I made this I substituted a sweet potato for one white and it still tasted delicious.

Stuffed meatloaf- I also stuffed mine with spinach and the chopped onion. My husband would have preferred it served with mashed potatoes instead of egg noodles.

Crock-pot Vietnemese Pho Soup- I didn't have time to get it into the crock-pot but the stove worked fine and was faster. I used Chinese 5 spice since I didn't have any of the seasonings. The only problem was the broth was not clear but had all the spices floating in it. I also had to add some red pepper flakes to jazz it up a bit.

Rustic Tortellini Italian Soup- my picky eater's next new favorite. Very simple and hearty.
Apple, smoked chicken sauage- not a repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment