Friday, October 16, 2009

Fake it Home Baking

The crisp fall weather brings back memories of homemade apple pie and hot apple cider. I love how the aroma fills the air and makes the house feel warm and inviting. Now I usually don't have the luxury to bake apple pies everyday but I have found one quick and easy way to make it seem like I did.
Fill a pot halfway with water, add a cinnamon stick, 1 tbsp whole cloves, 2 tsp whole allspice and let simmer on the stove. You can also throw in orange peel or lemon peel for a bit of a twist!

4 comments:

  1. MMMM, love the smell of cinnamon...I bet it is great even with fake baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your house smells magnificent! I am a tealight girl myself. I have a little candle holder that looks like a lamp in my kitchen that I start using this time of year. :)

    Thanks for the coffee!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummm..that sounds lovely...I think I will go try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome!

    what a great idea. =)

    ReplyDelete