Friday, March 5, 2010

Company Girl

Good afternoon ladies! I have some leftover chocolate chip pancakes and tea if anyone is still hungry.

This week has slowly progressed. Each day it seemed like I was taking two steps backwards with little forward movement. I think feeling slightly under the weather on top of frequent nights of interrupted sleep has its effects.

But now I'm shouting for joy because I was finally able to cross off my to-do list- searching for a new insurance carrier! I've been putting it off but this morning hubby took the kids so I could actually think while I'm comparing quotes with an agent. And boy did it pay off. We were trying to switch since our primary ins. company was raising rates because of two little offenses. While I was losing hope of finding a competitive rate GEICO came through actually SAVING us $400!

Thanks to Rachel Anne's daily small things to do, I have been able to get a few things done. Cleaning under my kitchen sink has been on my list for a long time. Now I just have to get some containers to put like items together so people other than myself know where things belong. :)
Before After

I also found a fun game for my son to do using dominoes. You can download the template here. He really enjoyed counting the dots and placing them in the correct spot.


My little girl is still adjusting to sleeping in her toddler bed. Wed. I found her asleep during her nap in her hamper! I wish I could fall asleep so easily!
Now I'm preparing for a full weekend with my son attending an indoor soccer practice, a birthday party and then we're having dinner guests coming.
Have a great weekend!

If you would like to catch up on what other gals did this week head over to Company Girl Coffee.

6 comments:

  1. Love that organized cabinet under the sink. Aren't they the hardest to keep that way? :o) Enjoyed stopping by your post this evening! Blessings for a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better. Great job on the cabinet. My kiddos have to sleep in the comforts of their own beds, okay, maybe sometimes our bed, so I can never take them out for too long. Take a break when you can this weekend so you aren't under the weather again. Weekends are so much more busy than I remember them as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate chip pancakes sound wonderful right now (9 pm on Friday here in Maryland). Yay for getting organized under the sink.

    BTW, I'm a Company Girl, too, stopping by to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have some of those chocolate chip pancakes! I'm a little hungry right now. I guess I'll go fetch me a bowl of beans - navy beans with bacon to be exact. It's what I cooked up for dinner. I have to say, the bean soup turned out pretty good! However, if I had chocolate chip pancakes in the fridge, I would probably opt for those. But alas, beans it is.

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that little gecko really does come through! :)

    Your sink looks great...I totally forgot to do that and it makes me so mad!

    Love that picture of your daughter, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a busy, productive week! I hope this week brings what you need - either some rest, or some fun, or more productivity :)

    ReplyDelete